Women can be very fussy about how they look. They could spend hours deciding on what to wear, styling their hair or applying makeup. I should know, I’m exactly like that. But we all know that time can be a problem, or rather, the lack of it. Most often, we get so busy with school, work, family or all of the above and before we know it, we’re running late.
But here’s a bit of good news for you: you don’t need an hour to put on make up. Nope, not even 30 minutes. In fact, I’m going to reveal to you a simple make up routine which you can do in 5 minutes.
By mastering this guide, you don’t have to worry about looking like you haven’t slept the night before.
Here’s how to do it:
Step 1: Clean your face.
And by this I mean wash your face to get rid of all the oil and dirt. If you haven’t exfoliated for a week, now’s the time to do so. One of my favorite products for oily skin is the Cosmedicine Medi-Morphosis Self-Adjusting Exfoliator. You can get it at walmart.com for $18.97. After you’ve washed your face, dry it with a clean towel.
Step 2: Apply a concealer.
You can apply concealer around your eyes and other dark spots in your face. Choose a concealer that is a shade or two lighter than your skin tone. My personal favorite is the Bobbi Brown Corrector. It runs for $24.00 on NORDSTROM.com.
Step 3: Apply a liquid powder foundation.
You can use a brush, sponge or your fingers to evenly distribute the powder foundation on your face and neck. A really good liquid powder foundation I found that works best for me is the L’ORÉAL Magic Nude Liquid Powder. You can find one for $10.97 at Walmart.com.
Step 4: Use pencil on your brows and eyes.
You can use the same color for your brows and eyes. Then brush your brows to spread the color evenly. For your eyes, you have the option to use a liquid eyeliner but lining your eyes may take time so unless if you have more than 5 minutes to spare, let’s just stick to eye liner pencils. Check this tutorial on How to Put on Pencil Eyeliner.
Step 5: Apply mascara.
Just 1-2 coats of mascara will be enough. You may want to use a mascara that helps curl your lashes so there’s no need to use a separate lash curler.
Step 6: Put on some blush.
Just use a pink or peach (depending on your skin tone) shade and brush at the apples of your cheek.
Step 7: Put on some lipstick.
For day use, you can use peach or pink shades. Or if you’re a bit daring, red is fine too. My absolute favorite lipstick is the Dolce & Gabbana Voluptuous Lipstick in Italian Monica. You can get one for $34.00 on NORDSTROM.com.
And that’s all there is to it! As you might have noticed, doing the above steps will take you no more than 5 minutes but the results are going to be wonderful. You don’t have to worry about choosing eye shadow colors because really, all you need is just to highlight your facial features in the simplest ways possible.
Obviously, if you’re going to a party with some friends on a Friday night, your makeup routine would have to be a little different. The guide we’ve provided above is for makeup that will look great for the office, school or when buying some groceries.
Here’s a quick step by step guide for a party-worthy makeup:
1. Clean your face using makeup wipes or even baby wipes.
2. Apply your favorite foundation evenly on your face and neck.
3. Fill your brows using eye brow pencil and then spread the color using an eyebrow brush. If you haven’t trimmed your brows, now is a good time to do so.
4. Use a waterproof eyeliner and then draw a thin line on top of your lash line. Then add another line and smudge it on the edges with your ring finger to achieve a softer look.
5. Curl your lashes and apply 2 coats of dark mascara.
6. Use a bronzer below the apple of your cheeks, as well as near the ear and jaw to create high cheek bones and defined jaw line. Then add a peach blush on the apple of your cheeks.
7. Line your lips with a lip liner. Then fill it up with a lipstick that suits your skin color and the clothes you’re wearing. Add a bit of gloss.
8. Use a setting spray so that your makeup will last longer and look flawless. I highly recommend Urban Decay Chill Cooling & Hydrating Make Up Setting Spray and NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray for this purpose.
That wasn’t so hard, was it? Oh, did I tell you that this entire process will take only 10 minutes?