If there’s one thing a woman in her 30s and 40s dread, it’s the appearance of wrinkles. Who likes to have wrinkles? Well, the irony is that when a man has traces of gray hair and wrinkles around his eyes, it makes him look wise and successful. But if a woman has gray hair and wrinkles, it makes her look old and unattractive.
If you notice fine lines around your eyes and would like to know if there’s a way to get rid of it, the answer is yes. So don’t lose sleep over this beauty problem. Keep in mind that wrinkles have long been considered an issue for women and as such, a lot of research has been done to address this problem. If you’re a woman of the 21st century, you’re quite lucky. There’s tons of information that’s easily available to you that will help you get rid of wrinkles.
And because you’re on this page, we’re going to reveal to you 7 different ways to get rid of unsightly wrinkles so that you will look young and attractive once again.
- First of all, avoid the sun. UV rays are the number 1 cause of wrinkles. If you’re a beach bum then you may need to find another way to pass time during weekends and holidays. Stay indoors as much as possible so as to avoid and reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Drink water. Yes, water can contribute to a better, younger-looking skin. That’s because water can hydrate the skin and keep it moist. When you have dry skin, it’s more likely for you to have wrinkles.
- Don’t smoke. Smoking makes you look a lot older than your age and I’m sure that you know this already. If you smoke, quit ASAP unless you are looking forward to looking 60 on your 40th birthday.
- Get enough sleep. Experts say that each person should sleep 7-8 hours a day. If you don’t get enough sleep, your body will tire easily, you will feel more stressed out and these things all contribute to the development of wrinkles. In addition, when you don’t get sufficient rest, your body will not be able to repair damage cells including your epithelial cells which comprise your skin.
- Eat healthy. Fruits and vegetables contain vitamins C, D and E which all help make your skin healthy and younger looking. If you’re not fond of munching on fruits, you can always juice them or make them into an ice cold shake. Eat lots of apples, oranges and berries. Not only are they good for your body, they’re good for your skin too.
- Use a moisturizer. Moisturizers do exactly that – moisturize your skin. Avoid those that contain lots of chemicals. The best products under this category include Aveeno’s Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer, Clinique Moisturizing Gel and Olay Complete.
- Use sunscreen. Even if we try our best to avoid sun exposure, at some point during the day we will be exposed to the sun. This is why it’s best to use moisturizers. Experts recommend using those with SPFs of at least 30 and even 40 during summer. You can try Coppertone Oil-Free Faces SPF50, L’Oreal Sublime Sun Sheer Protect Sunscreen Oil SPF50 and Neutrogena Pure and Liquid Daily Sunblock SPF50.
The above tips will certainly help you reduce the appearance of wrinkles or prevent them if they’re not yet showing on your face. However, if you notice that your eyes, lips and forehead already have several fine lines and wrinkles, you may want to consider using wrinkle reduction solutions.
Among the most widely used products are wrinkle fillers such as Juvederm and ArteFill. These products contain collagen, synthetic compounds and hyaluronic acid and applying these products to problem areas will help improve the appearance of your skin. You may also consider Botox but keep in mind that this is a rather expensive treatment. Other alternatives are chemical peels and microdermabrasion.
If you have wrinkles on your face, make an appointment with a professional dermatologist so they can discuss your treatment options with you. The sooner you address this problem, the better the outcome will be for you.