Sephora jobs are all unique and exciting and offer a variety of benefits and opportunities. Sephora has several job and career opportunities that range from a beautician, to cashier, to warehouse associate. The www.sephora.com has minimal information on what the benefits of working at Sephora, so we’ve dug up some info on different Sephora jobs that can turn into careers if you work hard. These various jobs all have different requirements, so see which ones you qualify for!
Average Requirements and Responsibilities
Sephora offers several excellent full-time and part-time jobs with minimal requirements and responsibilities. Additionally, there are several opportunities to move up within the Sephora hierarchy.
- 1-3 years of retail experience
- Attention to detail
- Lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Work in a fragrance filled environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be 17 years of age or older
- Availability to work days/weekends/holidays
- Must wear assigned costume
- Greet customers with enthusiasm
- Provide courteous knowledge to all clients
- Complete transactions accurately and efficiently (this can include gift wrapping items)
- Complete your cashier training
- Train other cashiers as requested
- Keep the store clean
- Communicate problems with supervisor
Additional Responsibilities for Managers and Assistant Managers can include:
- Ensure that all areas of the store are covered and reassign people to maintain coverage
- Keep your advisors motivated, so they can best serve the clients
- Provide coaching as needed
- Assign tasks to cast members during down time
- Handle customer complaints efficiently and effectively
- Ensure that the store stays clean
- Open and close store
- Handle any emergencies that come up
Benefits of Sephora Jobs:
- Pay can be anywhere from $8 to $14 an hour starting salary, depending on experience and other factors
- You will receive Gratis; Gratis is free products that you receive from various companies partnered with Sephora, the idea is that you can sample the products and have a better idea of how they work in order to sell them better
- Some full-time employees qualify for health care and paid vacation
- You learn a lot; you are required to watch several training videos from Sephora University
Benefits are similar across the board. The longer you are with the Sephora company, the more benefits you get. Benefits can include health care, paid vacation, and first pick at Gratis.
Sephora has a major seasonal rush is from November to January. At these times, Sephora hires seasonal help. The seasonal help can receive Gratis, as well as free meals during the peak of the holiday season. At the end of the season, supervisors may ask some of the seasonal help to stay, but for the most part, the seasonal work at Sephora is temporary.
The biggest cons for workers at Sephora is they no longer get to take advantage of the Beauty Insider, VIB, or VIB Rouge. This can be detrimental, especially if you’ve been saving up your points, but your points never expire, so not to worry.
The largest challenge of working at Sephora is the fact that you have to wear makeup every day. Minimal makeup requirements for ladies are foundation, eyeshadow, and lipstick. In addition, there can be weekly themes that require you to do some more out of the box makeup styles. These can include trying to create a cheetah pattern across your forehead with eyeshadow, or using rhinestones around your eyes. It can even include Instagram trends like fur nails or geographic lips. It might sound intimidating to have to dive into these crazy styles, especially because you aren’t required to have prior makeup knowledge. Sephora University and fellow staff are very helpful when facing these situations.
At Sephora, there is always room to move up; you can take free classes and be a certified makeup artist, you can go from seasonal to year round. In addition, Sephora wants to give you the opportunity to better yourself and help those around you.